Monday, February 16, 2009

strip clubs make me sad.

Last night I had the pleasure of going to a strip club for the first time. The group of friends I was with at the time were shocked I hadn't been to one before. Sweaty old men ogling girls dancing to pay their student loans just never really appealed to me, and last nights experience just reaffirmed my opinion on strip clubs.

At first it seemed like it was a good idea, but after that many drinks and pretty hefty amounts of marijuana any plan would have had me excited. I always thought that stripping must be degrading for the stripper, but after last night that theory has gone out the window. I no longer think it is degrading for the stripper, but for the men who pay to be in there.

I didn't find myself particularly aroused at any point whilst I was in their. For me all the experience did was reaffirm my loneliness. The smiles, the pretending to be interested in your life, you know they just want to get into your wallet but for some reason it feels good that these women are paying attention to you, but at the same time I couldn't help but feel pathetic.

but ones self image and self respect is all in his or her own mind so I suppose that on both sides if the men and women are just having fun and do not themselves feel like their actions are degrading then no harm is done. Maybe I'm just melodramatic and over analytical.

No comments:

Post a Comment